Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Matchmaker in the making

Carys just turned four, but I already spy the makings of a little girly-girl in that tomboy exterior. I've been saying that for a while now. But after the last few days, I'm convinced that she is crossing over to the pink side, and may even have a new career path.

She is so obsessed with weddings & getting married & boyfriends lately. She actually told several people that all she wanted for Christmas was a boyfriend....to kiss. Chad & I have been trying to put the kibosh on that...because, well, she FOUR! I don't remember wanting to kiss a boy until I was at least twenty-one! Poor Carys. We won't let her out of the house until then, probably.

Her lonely spinster Barbies got a boyfriend this Christmas - finally, a Ken doll. Well, actually it's a "Prince Phillip" Ken from the Sleeping Beauty story. She also received a Pocahontas Barbie - her favorite.
A few days after Christmas, I'm working feverishly to free the Barbies from their ridiculous packaging. (WHY do toy companies put those stupid wire twisty ties on everything inside the package?!?!?)
Carys is waiting so patiently, and when I finally hand the two new dolls to her, she MAKES THEM KISS!

Prince Phillip & Pocahontas. Kissing. At the hands of my four-year-old.

Matchmaking, indeed.

5 comments:

Sip said...

hilarious!!! thanks making me really LOL. :)

Amanda said...

That is funny Skye....and I agree about the stupid twisty wire thingies...they are a pain....Happy New Year.

Amanda said...

I agree,what is with that packaging!?!

Anonymous said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

THOUGHT SHE WOULD LIKE POCOHONIS AND THE PRINCE MORE THAN THE KEN DOLL (couldn't find the Ken doll)
MAYBE SHE WILL BE TURN INTO A GIRL-GIRL BY AGE 13.
MEMAW