Monday, September 18, 2006

snakes. 'nuff said.

Okay. If you know me at all, you know I hate one thing with a passion.
Snakes.
I can't stand them. I hate them. I will go out of my way to squish one with my tires if I see it in the street.

I don't care if you say some snakes are good. I don't care. Snakes give me the heebie jeebies. That's all there is to it.

As I was reading Amber's post about her snake adventure, I thought "I'm SO glad that's not my yard."

You know what's coming next, right?

Yessssss. Chad found a snake. It crawled out from under our deck. And it was a baby. I don't know about you, but I've seen enough Animal Planet in my lifetime to know that snakes have lots of brothers & sisters. Oodles of snakes.

He caught it. (What was he thinking?) And thought he would bring it over to me - I was at the neighbor's house, with Carys. I knew he was up to no good, so I sent my neighbor to check out what Chad had in his hand.
Snake.

Thankfully, Chad had on his thick leather gloves. He tells me that this little varmit was feisty & chomping down on his hand.
Yea - I didn't see it. He knows better!

Anyway, he killed it. We later found out it was a good snake. (Riiiigggghhhhhttttt. There is no such thing, people!)

No more snakes please. I prefer to live in a state of blissful ignorance. I just ignore the fact that snakes exist.
(You can thank my brother for this intense hatred of snakes. He always liked to stick plastic snakes in my bed/on my head. He & my father once chased me around the yard with a REAL green garden snake. NOT funny, yo!)

1 comment:

Amber said...

There is NO such thing as a good snake! HA! I know that they kill rodents, yadda yadda yadda, but I would much rather live with rodents than snakes. They give me the willies. Blech!