Saturday, March 31, 2007

Surely Not

I receive an email each week from BabyWeekly, a service that sent me emails when I was pregnant with developmental milestones of the growing Little Lanford in my tummy. And then when Carys & Cailyn were born, it converted to an email about milestones and tips for getting sleep and nutrition and even more baby's first milestones.
Needless to say, I look forward to these emails each week.

However.

Today, my email said Your Baby's 42nd Week
Forty-two weeks?
As in only T-E-N more weeks to go until my sweet little baby turns ONE?!?!?
Are you kidding me?

I don't know why I'm so surprised. I mean, I KNOW she's 9.5 months old. I birthed her. I went thru labor. I know how stinkin' old she is.
But 10 weeks? And then she's considered a toddler?

She's so independent these days. Even though she's very attached to me, I can see her pull away a little more each day. She wants to investigate everything. And she wants to play with her big sister. She doesn't want to sleep - because, hello?!?! weren't you listening? She has things to investigate!

I feel like the last 4 months of babyhood really fly by. It's so bittersweet.
She's growing & learning and showing her little personality.
And in ten short weeks, I'll have a one-year-old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh. You're so old. (HA! Actually, "3-0" is getting closer and closer......) It is hard to believe that in 10 short weeks, you will have a 1 yr old and a 3 1/2 yr old. Where did the time go??

Amanda said...

Oh goodness Skye...don't remind me...because that means in a little less than 10 weeks Carson will be a year old too...