Friday, April 13, 2007

No News.

It's been kinda BLAH around here. Cold. Pollen-crusted. Dreary.
Today isn't so bad - at least I think it's supposed to be a nicer day.
I really have nothing to discuss.
No pictures to remind you how adorable my girlies are. (But don't you dare forget - or I will be forced to post more photos!)

So, here's a little something. Just Because.

Skye-ology
(*courtesy of my zany MySpace friends)

FOODOLOGY
Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A. Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut. Yum-o!

Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. Bojangle's. The best fries & biscuits!

Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick off of?
A. Greek salads, chicken salad & anything Mexican.

Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
A. spinach, mushrooms & feta. No onions. Or bell peppers. Talk about stank breath!

Q. What do you like to put on your toast?
A. just a lil dab o' butter. Jelly if I'm feeling adventurous.

TECHNOLOGY
Q. Number of contacts in your cell phone?
A. Heh. Less than 10, I'm positive. We live in a low-lying area. In the boonies (sorta). And cell phones just don't work very well here. So I only have one for emergencies. In fact, it never leaves the minivan. I don't even know my cell phone number.

Q. Number of contacts in your email address book?
A. a gazillion perhaps!

Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A. the girls.

Q. How many televisions are in your house or apartment?
A. two and a half. the one in our bedroom is so tiny it doesn't really count as a whole TV.

BIOLOGY
Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
A. Righty. I always wanted to be a lefty though - they always got the special desks and scissors in school.

Q. Do you like your smile?
A. Yes, actually.

Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. Two children. But there was ample amount of pushing on my part, so I guess they weren't really "removed".
I did have some foam removed from my nose when I was about 3. And some splinters. But that's it. Real exciting stuff.

Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. About 18 months ago. Pregnancy ravages teeth - FYI.

Q. What is the heaviest item you lifted last?
A. A 50-lb bag of dog food. Thank goodness they don't sell 150-lb bags of food at Sam's. Because I would buy it. Then I would have to find a way to lift it. Ouch!

Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. No. I try not to get knocked, conscious or not.

CRAPOLOGY
Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. I don't think so. I would try to avoid it all day.

Q. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
A. Imogen Louise Rochelle Smartypants McQueen Simpson.
Seriously, I'm cool with my name. Contrary to semi-popular belief, my parents were not hippies. Or meteorologists.
There was a time when I wanted to change it from Jennifer Skye to Jade Skye. Thankfully, I was talked out of that.

Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
A. I have no idea. I just wear whatever is clean and needs the least amount of ironing.

Q. Have you ever saved someones life?
A. Personally, no. But I was there when Chad saved 2 people's lives. It's a good story - I'll have to share it sometime.

DAREOLOGY
Q. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
A. In the pitch-black dark, at 3am. Maybe.

Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. What a strange question. I'm quite fond of my pinkies. But I guess they serve no real purpose. I don't think I would give them up though.

Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I don't think I could do that to my adoring fans. All 3 of them, anyway. I mean, really, what would Nikki & my mom do?

Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
A. No. No. No.

Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000?
A. Yes, I would do that. There's no nudity involved...

Q. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
A. Ha! I would give up a few shows - sure. But NO TV? For YEAR? It would take more money. If I skipped a year of LOST, I would never get any answers about that island.
Wait. We never get answers anyway.

RANDOMOLOGY
Q: First place you went this morning?
A: Cailyn's room. That girl's gotta get out of her crib, you know? I mean, immediately. She cannot wait. Cannot. Will not.

Q: What can you not wait to do?
A: Go on vacation. But we're not taking to girls, so I'm a little anxious about it. I've got a few months to get over it!

Q: What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
A. Flushed Away with Carys a few months ago. Thank goodness for popcorn & soda to keep me busy & awake.

Q: What is in your left pocket?
A: Lint! Which reminds me I should be doing laundry.

Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A: I laugh myself silly every time I watch it. I don't know if it's a great movie, but I find it hysterical. Just like Office Space.

Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A: Hardwood & carpet & tile. And lots of dog hair. And my hair. (Pregnancy also makes you lose your hair afterwards - FYI)

Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A: I've never sat in the shower before. Who does that? And why?

Q: How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
A: Lots. Too many. Stacey London would flip out if I was ever on What Not to Wear.

Q: Where were you born?
A: Fayetteville. NC. At Cape Fear Valley. And I now live about an hour away from there. Isn't there some statistic that most Americans live within a 100-mile radius of their birthplace?

Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A: I was going to say never. But then I remembered a little "thing". Chad & I were going on vacation, but were in the process of building our house - and we wanted to check out the progress before we left. We were both busy & could only see the house at night. I know - great idea, huh?
So, we have flashlights. And we're moving thru the house, checking things off our list.
I guess we did look suspicious.
Apparently, the neighborhood had some thefts. And we looked, as I said, suspicious.
We were pulled over when we tried to leave the 'hood. We laughed afterwards, because the burglars the cops were looking for had been stealing large appliances. And we were in my sedan. There was no room to hide a dishwasher or fridge inside.
Note to self: Do not wander thru a vacant house with a flashlight at night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great being one of your fans! And...do tell about this vacation...

Anonymous said...

hey,I like being a fan! Don't dare NOT blog. and by the way, don't tell me people still think I'm a hippie 'cuz of your name?! I mean, get real, man. That's like...far out, ya know?

Nikki: if she doesn't respond about the vacation, I will!

Anonymous said...

annette a hippie? how funny would that be...that's a good laugh!!

don't worry, i'll find out about this vacation one way or another! and i'm sure i'll be very envious, in a good, friendly kind of way....

Amanda said...

Hey Skye you can add me as one of your blog readers!