Thursday, April 3, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHADFORD!


Someone (hint: read the title, silly!) turned THIRTY years old today!
The girls were very excited, especially Carys. I think she was just excited because she knows there's a good reason to have cake in the house!

She woke up & came straight into our bedroom this morning; "HAPPY BIRFDAY DADDY!"
She went to school, probably daydreaming of cake all day. When I picked her up, she asked me if I got Daddy's carrot cake (his request, and I admit I don't make homemade carrot cakes). She was thrilled when I said yes, and asked me a million questions about when we were going to eat cake.



After their naps, the girls made Daddy birthday cards, and special Daddy-Birfday crowns. I tried to get a cute shot of that, but it was a no-go. At least the birthday boy participated. But then again, he's THIRTY, and follows directions fairly well. The other two - yeah, not so much.
After a delightful dinner, cake & a little nap, I think we'll be celebrating with a movie. Woo Hoo!

Oh, and since I haven't yet mentioned it, Chad is almost done with Round Three of chemo. He's done very well this time around - just headaches. Oh, and he's pretty tired. But we'll take that - it's better than the alternative.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Chad! We love you!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I'm glad Carys enjoyed his birthday so much! :) And SO glad that this round of Chemo was tolerable.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 30 year old!! Looks like you all had a great celebration! Love the crowns and good to know round three is almost over! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the crowns!! Happy Birthday to the 30 yr old! :)

Anonymous said...

WE ARE GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR 3 CHILDEREN UNDER CONTROL! YOU ARE GOING TO EITHER HAVE TO GEY A BIGGER CAKE OR STOP PUTTING CANDLES ON IT. (IT IS GETTING TOO SMALL)

MEMAW & POPPI

Unknown said...

Love the crowns. LMBO abotu him listening.
Happy 30th Birthday Chad!
Hope Carys enjoyed that cake. The candles...oh my!
I have never seen swirly candles before.

Sip said...

looks like you almost caught the house on fire with that cake....did the smoke detector go off ;)

crown shot is still cute! pictures wouldn't be nearly as fun to look back on if they were all perfect! you know that!

HB, chad!

Rachael said...

Whoa - I am way belated - but, Happy Birthday Chad!! Ha ha - you turned THIRTY before me!!