Monday, June 16, 2008

I can still smell the chlorine

Yesterday, after many promises, Carys got to go to the pool!
I think she said, "I'm so excited" about 15 times on the drive. Excited is an understatement.

We had a lot of fun, and discovered that yes, you do in deed, need to reapply sunscreen after about three hours in the water. This is something I know...but seem to forget when the water is divine, the sun is shining & the girls are having fun.
We're all pink, but not in pain. And I suppose being pink is better than being lily white, so.....

And today, I will thoroughly enjoy one of those joys of being a SAHM (Stay-at-Home-Mom) during the Summer. The pool. All day. I cannot wait!
The girls had so much fun today, and I know they're in store for a terrific summer playing in the sun. Maybe we'll all get tans this year. At least, that's usually what happens when the ache of a sunburn goes away right? Note to self: Self, reapply sunscreen. Every three hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer is offically here! You've been in a pool...and I'm jealous! :)
I love those new (well new to me anyway)continuous spray sun screens... :)

Anonymous said...

WE JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO OF HER BIRTHDAY AND WE THOUGHT IS WAS GREAT!!


MEMAW & POPPI

Unknown said...

The first pink means summer is truly here, right?
Enjoy all that swimming!