Friday, September 8, 2006

friday fodder

Today has been pretty uneventful.
Well, let me rephrase that. It's been full of events. Most of which I don't care to remember.

Carys, after repeated prompting & questions from me, wet the futon in the playroom. Yea. And not with water, either.
"Do you need to go potty Carys?"
"nope."
She was so excited to wear her new Nemo panties - which is great. But I wish she was as excited NOT to wet them. She does pretty well most days, but sometimes she just forgets. I constantly have to remind myself that it's still new to her.

Later in our day, she decided to get a snack for herself after her nap. (I was upstairs with Cailyn at the time, because Carys was asleep!)
Next thing I know, Carys is upstairs with me. I'm distracted because the phone rang (Yes! people DO call to kindly distract me throughout the day!). Know what she has? Betcha can't guess....

A 1/2 gallon of ice cream. And it's partially melted. She's trying to figure out how to open it & asks me for help. She is opening the fridge ALL THE TIME. It's driving us crazy. The only thing I know to do is put all the stuff she can have on the shelves she can reach.
But than again, our girl is a master at problem-solving. She would just find something to help her climb or reach into the fridge and get what she wants.
I wonder if they still make those little diet alarms for the fridge that make pig noises when the fridge opens? I'll have to Google that later....

Yesterday, as I was unloading groceries from the car, she was sitting at the kitchen table. When I came in from my 2nd trip & have my arms full, I noticed she has the tub of Cool Whip. Open. And a spoon. Crazy girl.
I have to admit she is a girl after my own heart with this trick. My most common pre-bedtime craving was Cool Whip right out of the tub (the sugar-free variety too - thank goodness I found that!). She caught me eating it a few times, so I shared it with her. I guess she's realizing I don't eat for 2 anymore - and her "snacking with Mommy" rituals have dwindled down to few & far between.

No comments: