Sunday, September 10, 2006

Holy Moly, Roly Poly!

Well, Cailyn is about to reach another milestone. And now that I'm at home with the girls - I'm not going to miss it!

She throws her chunky little right thigh over - and gets to her side. She can't quite figure out how to get all the way on her belly though. It won't be long. I give it another week or so.

Then she'll have to master rolling from her belly to her back. Then sitting. Then crawling. Then walking. Sigh.


She's 3 months old tomorrow. It feels like she was just born yesterday. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was excited about my water breaking. It feels like it was just yesterday that I spent the good part of a day in a hospital bed, trying to move Cailyn out of my body.


I'm guessing she weighs pretty close to 15lbs now. She was 9lbs12oz at birth. At her 2 month check-up, she was 12lbs15oz. I can definitely tell that she's growing. She's getting so heavy! When I wear her in the sling, she kills my back. I was 36lbs heavier & very pregnant just 3 months ago - and my back hurts worse now!


She's still sleeping well at night, even the though the last 2 nights have been a little out of the norm. She is getting ready to hit the 3-month growth spurt I'm guessing - because she has been eating every hour or so. Little piggy!

And she thinks Carys is pretty cool. She hasn't started belly laughing yet, but she giggles when she sees her big sister.

No comments: