Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy 3 months Cailyn!



Happy 3 months, Cailyn!!!














Here you are, watching the Lion King. Carys insisted on watching the "Wion moobie" this morning while I got some work done. And you were fascinated with the colors and pictures.
Some would say you're watching TV too early.
But you know what? You've been giggling & cooing since I put you on the floor. It's pretty cute if you ask me!


And here are my sweeties - sharing a little love this morning. Cailyn is just starting to tug on Carys' hair - she's quickly realized she gets a reaction!

And yes, those are (kid-safe) tweezers in Carys' hand. Why? Because she is obsessed with them lately. I have no idea why. She will sit & tweeze something until I beg her to stop. They're not sharp & she can't do any damage with them, but it bugs me to see her picking at her feet/carpet/bugs/the dogs....
She's a nut!



Carys & I watched a bit of the 9/11 memorial this morning. I finally had to turn it off because it was just so sad. Carys kept asking why everyone was crying on TV and I just couldn't explain it to her without crying myself. What do you tell an almost-3-year-old about the tragedy of September 11th?

I told here there were some very bad men that did some very bad things and hurt a lot of people. That's all she can grasp. And that's all I want her to know.

It's still incredibly sad, and I am so thankful for my family & friends. Peace be with the thousands of people who lost loved ones that day. My heart hurts for you, and my thoughts are filled with you today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your blog! Carys & Cailyn are beautiful! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of days! :)