Friday, May 11, 2007

One month


Exactly one month from today, I'll have a one-year-old. How crazy is that?
Happy 11 months, Cailyn!

So here are some old pictures from a year ago - it seems like ages ago.
And sometimes it feels like yesterday.

This time last year, I was huge, cranky, tired & anxiously awaiting the arrival of a brand new baby in the Lanford household. I couldn't wait to be a SAHM (that's Stay at Home Mom to those of you who don't have kids - it's a 2nd nature acronym to us now!) while on maternity leave - and wondering if I could really cut it as a full-time mommy after my leave was over.

Geesh.
This time last year, I weighed .... yea, right, like I'm going to tell you my weight!
Let's just say that I weighed roughly 60 pounds more than I do right now.
It's funny that I didn't feel huge until the last few weeks of my pregnancy. But looking at these pictures - wow!

I have to toot my own horn for a minute!
I put on 38lbs with Cailyn's pregnancy - I've lost another 22 on my own.
(Granted that's pregnancy weight leftover from Carys - but it's coming off! Finally!)

This time last year, Carys wasn't a big sister yet. We were still a family of three.
I look back at Carys from a yer ago, and can't believe all the changes she's made. She's talking (A lot. All the time. Never stops, actually). She's potty trained. (!) She's so independent. She the most compassionate little girl I've ever met. And she's a fantastic big sister.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute pregnant person...when will little Lanford #3 arrive? Just kidding! :) Hard to believe Cailyn will be 1 in just a month....wow!

skye said...

thanks :) i LOVED being pregnant. until the last month or so. it was just so darn hot in may/june to be preggo!!! :)
i really can't believe a year has passed us by. it just doesn't feel like it.
i guess it's true though - you don't notice how fast it goes by when you're having so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Nikki.....#3!! (Just kiddin' darlin'!) BTW: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to a wonderful, beautiful, patient, fun mom!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Skye!
It is hard to believe how fast time goes now.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.