Monday, August 27, 2007

a night day at the museum

We ventured out to the NC Museum of Natural Science this weekend. We had a lot of fun, and we plan to go back in a few weeks for BugFest! - it should be a lot of fun.
We didn't so much else this weekend, and it was so nice!

Carys & her ladybug fwend



Carys & the Sea Turtle - she thought it was real at first.
Oh, and I just now realized that you can see my reflection to the left of Carys. I was just about to get upset with myself because I, once again, did not get any pictures with the girls at an outing. But...I guess I can prove I was actually there by the reflection.
Cailyn, checking out the T-Rex skull. I was shocked she got so close to it, and even more surprised when she tried to touch it.
Ha! Look at the little pot belly on her!

Carys, in a possum suit, checking out a HUGE beetle in the Discovery Room.







ACK! Pterodactyls!


Carys in a....suit of some sort. She thoroughly enjoyed dressing up as different animals in the Discovery Room.
Oh, and if you can't tell, she is in desperate need of a nap. Talk about an attitude?!?!Cailyn, investigating a HUGE beetle! Again, I was shocked she touched it!
A gorgeous butterfly in the Butterfly Room - it was so humid in there!
There was also a giant sloth there - did you know they only climb
down to the forest floor once a week to use the bathroom?
Yikes! They must have bowels and bladders of steel!

Learning all about T-Rex. I wanted to take a picture
of her inside the T-Rex's mouth...but I don't think that
would have been allowed.


Chad & the girls in a tree trunk.
Neither of the girls were too excited about it.
But Mommy said - GO! Take a picture! Smile!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha!ha! I just love Cailyn's little belly...why can't pop bellies be that cute on us?

Anonymous said...

You are so right, Nikki! No fair!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE GLAD THAT EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME. MEEMAW SAID SHE WAS GLAD THOSE BIG BUGS DIDN'T EAT THE GIRLS!!

Amanda said...

Looks like fun Skye! Not for me or Savannah but Amelia and jake would've loved it!

Christine said...

that looks like it was a blast!!!